View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 07:10 PM
jlc84cam350
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i will take my chances they feel pretty solid, like i said i had a pretty heavy guy sit in them and they held up fine... If they let go i will get a plate of steel i dono a 3-4" squard and put it between the brackets and floor where i can so it supports a bit wider.

I have the body lift installed on the cab, it was pretty easy, i can't believe i paid 160$ for a thew plastic cylinders and bolts that i could have done myself for 50-60$, oh well.

My friend was supposed to get me some tubing at his shop but forgot now i won't be able to get the box done this weekend.

i think i am just gonna work on it sunday and just clean the frame up with pressure washer, grind the rust with a brush wheel and sand blast the rust spots and rattle can over them, i also have some new brake shoes to put in the back and i took the flexible rubber brake line in the back out, it was leaking will try to find one this week end and get the rear brakes set up and that should be it untill i can repair the box.

Oh yhea gotta do the exhaust, i decided to forget headers for now, might wanna be upgrading to a 351w if i can find one in decent shape, or even beter a complete parts truck with a good 351 already in it. So for now im taking out that cat and muffler, my god that magnaflow stainless mufler is crap their is no rumble at all coming out of the exhaust.

Will most likely be doing the box during the week since i am switching from night shift to day shift this week, WOOHOO!!