View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
mikeinganges
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, xlt904wd - While there's no metal-to-metal contact yet with my bushings, it's obvious that the rubber has deteriorated enough that I want to replace them.
For quick alignment checks, I use a laser level (for toe-in) and a digital level (for camber) and some basic jigs. I have a very level, concrete floor two-car garage with a paved level approach to the door, which is key to my setup. According to the alignment shop, which is miffed/amused at how close I can get according to their fancy machine, my accuracy is consistently within +/- .2 degrees on camber and a +/-1/16" on toe-in (over 4-5 different vehicles). Not bad for $100 worth of stuff you probably have at home.
This is easily enough accuracy to get the vehicle to the alignment shop for a proper set-up after front end suspension/steering work. I have driven one car after just setting it up at home for 4 years, with no abnormal tire wear and a great improvement in handling! If someone is interested in the complete procedures (lengthy), I'll have to post them in a new thread.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited by mikeinganges; 09-22-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarification