View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:08 PM
rwdfan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a 20 amp fuse, as pictured. While I was out there I cycled the key on again, and it stuck on. I turned off the ignition swapped tanks, cycled the key on again, and it was gone... I cycled the ignition with different tanks several times and it wouldnt stick again. But, Ive done this before, last time, switching tanks wouldnt fix the problem no matter how many times I did it. This truck is so random with this problem, something is definitely sticking.

EDIT: Ok, so I went out and tested the fuel pump supply fuse to see how many amps I was pulling. The front tank was pulling 16.0 amps and the rear tank was pulling 16.5. These were readings while the truck was running. Are these normal readings? I could not replicate the fuel pump sticking through over 3 dozen cycles of the key. I also tried running the truck for a few minutes a few times inbetween cycles. So, until I can replicate the fuel pump sticking on again so I can test the amperage draw, I'm stuck. Any ideas? I know this truck will probably do this while I'm towing a trailer 50 miles from home and I won't be so lucky.