View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
jlc84cam350
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already started the project without the camra being ready lol.. anyways i took some pictures of what i did in the cab, wich was install some bucket seats out of a thrid gen camaro that i had left over that were in pretty decent shape!.

well thats what it looks like to date, i hade to put 1 inch spacer blocks on both the passenger and drivers side between the rails and seats because on the drivers side i couldn't adjest the forward backward motion cause the lever was hitting the side of the seat. On the drivers side i was able to save the complete mechanism to move it forward and backwards, the bearing inside were in excellent shape, i just had to make one L shaped bracket to the floor and sit it on its side and weld it to the floor so it would sit at the right angle and be able to bolt up properly, its fully adjustable!

On the passenger side though the bearings and bottom part of the rails were completely shot, i just made my self some 4 brakets out of 2" square tubing and welded them directly to the top part of the rail where the seat would sit evenly on the floor, i just had to make one of them a we bit smaller than the others so it wouldn't rock back and forfth.

So the passenger side seat is not adjustable forward and backwards, but no stress i woun't be sitting their :P and its still more comfortable than the bench seat!

Hope it hold i hade a 300 pound guy sit in it and jump up and down, nothing brok and i only weight about 150 lol so we should be good to go!!

Next will be setting up a custom center counsole, moste likely making it out of mdf wood cause its cheap and simple just like me!