View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 PM
goosehunta
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys sorry its taking me so long to get back in here. the reason i am asking about the coolant is because a few months ago i went to ford and had a flush done. after that, i was loosing water and looseing it fast. i had to add about a gal every 4days or so. the only leak i could at first was on the bottom of the rad. there are two places one on each side, they are oval in shape and water would drip from these places every now and then. not very much and not all the time. i couldnt pinpoint a pattern as far as temp or anything. then after a week or so i started seeing water on top of the block between the heads. but only when cold. when the engine was hot it would be dry. so i was thinking bad head gasket or a stretched head bolt. the engine didnt run over nnormal temp but one time, sitting in the drivethrue for 45 minutes one night. when i pulled out of the parking lot the temp gauge went up to hot but went right back down. so now i have the engine out and im replacing head gaskets, bolts, water pump, taking heads to shop to be checked and resurfaced and all other gaskets and seals on top end. also found alot of slack in timming chain so im replacing all of that too.
so i wanted to see if i should use a different coolant when i get it all put back together.

i wondered if the cooling system had some sort of stop leak in it from last owner or the dealer i got it from and then when i had the flush done it knocked some stuff loose.

what do you guys think.

thanks for the replies. and again im sorry it took so long to get back.