View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Handegard
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time no update.

I'll get some pics gathered and update you all.

There has been progress!

We bought a cab that was rust free, had it delivered to the body shop, who cut out part of our cowl to repair the other, and is currently waiting on rear lower corners and a door skin to be delivered from LMC Truck.

Rear of the cab was damaged by the forklift, not even rust

We've chosen a new color! Instead of Rangoon Red, we'll be going with the color in the attached photo. It's also what grandpa plans to make his look like. I've already started ordering chrome parts for him on ebay....

I ordered a new windshield and rubber kit, We're going to put a slider in the rear as well. Still need to find seals for the roll-up windows (already got them for the wing windows)

We've been wire wheeling the whole frame, and today we removed the transmission and cleaned it up a bit.

Bearings showed up yesterday, so tomorrow I'll re-assemble my longblock and we may even get it painted.

Trying to track down a steel grille in good shape and a pair of bumper brackets for the front bumper (the 159" wheelbase F350 from doesn't mount directly to the bumper, it has a bracket that isn't used on F100-350s from what I understand)