Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Bull24-7
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice

Just got my '11 scab one month ago. Had to rush to get the one thousand mile break in before towing.
Ten days ago I left with a twenty five foot camper that weighs 5500# empty. With water tanks full, propane, twin six volt batterys, fridge full of food, coolers full of beer and ice and every thing else it had to be well north of six grand.
In the bed was my four wheeler, gas cans, tool box, jack, ramps. You get the idea, she was loaded.
The trip was from far south west Virginia to north east PA. Up and down "81" for the most part. The south part of the trip is all up and down hills, the northen part is much flatter.
I could not be happier with the way that truck tows. The trailer sway thing is the best. You know when an 18 wheeler passes you and it first pulls you in and then pushes away? That just dosn't happen any more! The break controller is flawless. When you come to a stop sign it's like the trailer isn't there, like a empty truck.
My last truck was a "97" with a five point four. It had the trailer package and a 3:55 rear. It got the job done, and it made that trip many times with no problems. But I am telling you I had to push it hard on those hills.
This five ooh just dosn't seem to strain at all. Yea it likes to rev, but it feels there is aways more.
Oh, buy the way 11.5 to 12.5 MPG with a calculater. The "lie o meter" was one half a mile higher.