View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Handegard
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty_Old_F250
You might want to try budget auto wrecking in auburn. I have no idea on what their prices would be for one, but the last time I was there they had a couple of trucks that looked pretty solid. And if they don't have one, go back a week or two later, they get new stuff all the time!

Sam
My grandfather decided it wasn't worth the time and hassle to find a new cab, and he'd just pay to fix the old one.

We were down at the body shop, and he wanted to run to the local junk yard to se if we could find a good top (was going to replace our roof)

He ended up taking us to Budget Auto Wrecking and we couldn't find a straight roof. However, we found a rust-free roof with some damage and on further inspection found solid floors and almost everything else. Minor damage to cowl from accident, but he's going to graft our cowl bits onto this cab.

Couldn't believe our ears when the guy at the counter said $250 for the cab if I stripped it and got it ready to pull. When asked how much more if they did all the work, I about fell over when he said "$50"

So for $300 they pulled the cab and delivered it to the body shop.

And the best part! It's a Ranger! Wood grain door panels, instrument cluster, etc. And we got two new doors, all the switches and wiring, good heaterbox/controls it just goes on and on.

This truck is going to come together FAST boys and girls. I need to get the frame stripped/painted and the brake lines run, then I'll mount the motor. After that, we trailer it down to the body shop, fit the painted cab, pull it home and install the fenders/grill/hood/etc and we're ready to build a flatbed and drive!