View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ssmith622
Driven Diesel 7.3L Bowl Delete Regulated Return Kit is very nice but a little expensive by the time you buy their pre filter posts filter tank mods and additional hardware needed for installation you're looking at close to $1000.

I managed to put together the tank mods and filtration post and pre filter for a lot cheaper but their bowl delete might be the way to go. I was hoping riffraff would put together a kit.
I put together a complete fuel system from the intank mods to the cylinder heads for > $500. I purchased a used ITP Diesel Fuel Bowl Delete Block, with the hard feed lines, an Aeromotive FPR & gauge with ORB fittings, and a spin-on prepump filter with bracket. I purchased new the nylon braided 250 psi rated synthetic race hose, JIC fittings, adaptors & Otiker clamps, Walbro GSL392 fuel pump, post pump filter & mount, and the intank mod kit (purchased several yrs back). I am running 3/8" ID hose (covered with plastic wire loom) from tank pickup to the heads and regulator. I am also using the stock return line and adapted it my regulator with the same 3/8" hose. Although some of the big ticket items were purchased used, I still would have save few hundred over a kits needed to complete my system. It did take quite a bit of time to put all this together and, with that in mind, you have to factor what that's worth to you.