View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 AM
driller2948
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bdivine32
Funny, I noticed that 2007 message too... Slow thread?! LOL But I was gonna put a post up about my tranny and some hints or tricks. I have a 99 F350 CC 4x4 and pull my 26 ft camper (not sure the total loaded weight) 7-8K I am sure. Welll I pull my camper every once in a while. I live in Estern Idaho and we have lots ov mountain passes around. The Pickup has about 119K on it and I am pretty sure the tranny has never been rebuilt. It has that 4l60r or whatever that is (cant remember. E4OD replacment). But I know the tranny is starting to have problems. The first time I Drained and flushed it, it was burnt and had some crap around the magnets. Cleaned it all up, filled her up and added some Lucas Tranny helper.everything feels good and tight, but I notice tranny slipping when I get to the campsite and am trying to manuver the trailer where we want it, I have had to start putting it in 4x4 low to get it to crawl over lil hils, rocks, the typical things. I know I need a larger cooler for it, but what if anything can I do to the tranny to help it last until I can save the 3+grand to have it rebuit. I have the hypertech tuner, but didn't play with the shift points (was told thats a no no for that tranny). Is there anything I can replace inside without pulling the tranny to help it last through winter and maybe get a lil more gription?? I have NEVER liked automatics in pickups, but ya have to special order them now days with the manual!

ANY HELP would be applied!!!

bdivine32@yahoo.com

I'm pasting a link to another site. This post should answer all your questions or alteast lead you in the right direction.
F-350 7.3L Transmission overheating - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com