Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
dbarnett42
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 crank no start after oil cooler replacement.

Okay, its an 05 6.0 with 153,000 miles. Replaced the oil cooler because of the temperature spread. Drove it into the garage and tore it down. Put it back together and it cranks and won't start. I have cranked it several times until the batteries are dead. Recharged the batteries and tried again. Installed a new IPR valve and still crank but no start. I unplugged the ICP sensor and no start. Pulled the ICP sensor and just cranked it a couple of times and no oil came out of the port. I have continuity in the wires of the IPR valve. The ICP sensor reads .3 volts on my edge insight with the key on and stays that way while cranking. Tore it back down again and there is oil in the reservoir. Took the top off the HPOP and it has the updated one piece stc fitting. I have not removed the pump but I thought of replacing the stc fitting any way. I am looking for a scangauge ii now so i can get more info while cranking. The only other thing the truck did before this is it would start fine in the morning on a incline in the drive way. After getting to work and it sits on flat ground all day it would crank a few seconds long when it was time to go home. Other than that the truck has been running great.