Old 08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Sept 2011 Indiana BS - The Autumnal Equinox is only one of the many topics we are BS'ing about!!!

Time to say goodbye to Summer and hello Autumn on September 23 at 9:04am!!!

Well August sure was a fun month around here but it is time to say goodbye to August and the HOT weather we've had this summer and welcome in hopefully cooler weather for DEER HUNTING that is ahead!

Zoe will get to hunt the youth season the first full day of fall too on September 24th...hopefully that will make the deer be somewhat active...plus that time frame is right between the last quarter of the moon and the new moon...I believe that typically helps deer activity...but Zoe won't be happy walking in the woods with how dark it is going to be that weekend...I'll go first to clear all the spider webs across the trails...that is always a joy to get a mouthful of spider web as you walk in the dark!!!

Doing some research about moon phases...I never knew that the second full moon following the Autumnal Equinox is suposedly when the RUT will occur!!!...looking at the moon charts...the second full moon after 9/23 will occur November 10th...opening day shotgun is November 12th...so...that means the RUT will coincide with opening gun season yet again...that should mean another great opportunity for a buck!...has anyone done any research on this type of tie to the first day of fall and the rut after the second full moon???...

Okay...the September thread is now open for BuSiness!!!...have at it folks...

Also remember I give reps for participation in this chapter thread...so post away...I'll hit you with some reps...keep spreading the reps around...DON'T BE SHY!!!

Have a great month everyone!!!...

Joe.