Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well yeah - but let's think it along a bit further....

What Strewth said is a point worth hashing out. What most of the gang in the States have available is a ready stockpile of (whatever) parts (that've NOT been crushed and sent to China that is...) and down under there must be loads of vehicles with something like a mustang front "K" frame that should work very well. But they won't be the same as over here.

For example - I dunno if I've heard of this "L300" before. What is the front end under a Falcon like though?

If the frame rails are the same space apart (or anywhere reasonably close) there must be loads of them in the yards over there - and Strewth sounds like quite a capable guy!

I'd go into a number of salvage yards with nothing but a camera, tape measure, and a notebook&pen just to look at what is possible. It's amazing the ideas you can gain that way! That was how I figured out how to get a 302 smallblock into an '82 F100 that originally had a V6 in it, I went and looked. Turned out all I needed was to carve off some frame mounts from a V8 truck and bolt them right in!

So by all means a scrapyard crawl is the very first step along the way - it IS where I get most of my own "Better Ideas"...