Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
strewth
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday fron Canberra - New Member - and a few questions to boot!

Gday, thought I'd pop in as a new member of the Ford truck fraternity, well, to clarify - Old Ford truck.

Been an old rodder forever, done a few classic builds (XP, XC Coupe, 53 F100). In fact I’ve owned more cars that I can remember and not a one of them didn’t have a blue oval on it, had to stick one on the missus Feroza just so I could make that claim

Why am I here? Well, just picked up a nice '41 1 1/2 Ton, the beginnings of yet another project. I'm dead keen to keep her relatively original aside from updating or modernising the front end.

I'm looking for a bit of info from the fellas that have been down this road before, I'm sure I'll make plenty of my own mistakes but I'd sure appreciate learning from some of yours.

I've done an L300 front graft on to an XK falcon for a mate years ago and am thinking of doing the same to the 41 Truck (better than an HR graft, at least the L300 front has a ford stud pattern!).

Yes, I know there are great kits for this but I can get an entire L300 front for the cost of one of the disks that come with a Mustang II front kit!!

Now, being the man I am I'd like to keep the stock ford truck (20 inch) wheels on her, I'm all good with getting stuff to fit, but was wondering if anyone could tell me what the PCD / stud size and centre hole size is for both the front and rear 20 inch wheels.

The truck will be on my doorstep in 3 weeks and I want to hit the ground running, and bugger me if I can find anything useful on google!

The minister for war and finance (aka - she who must be obeyed) made it abundantly clear with this new project, if it doesn’t have disks and power steering I'd better get used to pushing the truck 'cause if she can't drive it neither can I

And a big thanks in advance too guys, I’ve been reading through the forums and some of you folk have done some very nice stuff!!

Cheers,

Strewth