View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
gajen2003
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear window hinges broken??

Hi Ford Folks!

We have a 2005 Explorer and the hinges that hold the glass hatch on the back are broken. Appearantly this was recalled in at least 2003 and maybe 2004?? Anyway - I called the dealer today and they knew exactly what I was talking about and told me it would be $130 labor and $75 for the new parts. The frustrating thing is that they all said things like oh yeah - we know about that and Oh - they are known for breaking. There is not a current recall so I called Ford customer service and they said they have had lots of complaints and they will eventually probably issue a recall but it is not in the works yet and she had no timeline.

Anyone else having this problem? If so the more of us that call and report it the more documentation they have to move the recall further.

Even if you have already paid to have this fixed - still call and she told me to hang on to the receipt because when they do recall it we can be reimbursed so I wanted to pass that on as well.

Let me know your experiences - I would love to see how many of us have/had this problem.

My Explorer has 87,000 miles on it and we have been the only owners.

Jen