View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 AM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marine57_4
i pull a 16 foot flatbed utility trailer with electric brakes(7 pin connector) and i still get the "trailer disconnected" warning. i have programmed both the 5er and utility trailers in the system. when i pulled the utility i did not go to the program to let the computer know that i had connected the trailer. maybe this is why i got the warning. anyone?
Originally Posted by Spikebox
I am having the same issue.....hooked up to my 14' cargo trailer with 7-pin connector and display is showing trailer disconnected??

I went through all the menus and added and named the trailer, checked the manual and still showing trailer disconnected....

Anyone have any more suggestions on how to correct this?
I was having the same thing with one of our trailers. It turned out to be a connection where they joined 3 wires together for the trailer brake system, it was the junction that went to the emergency cable actuated brake deal in case the trailer falls off the ball. Cut out the joint and problem solved. I have also had the " trailer disconnected when a trailer brake wire is broken at the brake.

I would suggest that you go over your trailers with a fine toothed comb looking for wiring issues.