Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yip, I've done it again.... I'm sure I'm going to catch all kinds of grief for this now.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Nothing wrong with an IDI, I own 2 of them, wouldn't be caught dead in a PSD
To some what quote a Confederate Railroad song (Daddy wasn't the Cadillac Kind) we can arrange for a PSD to take you to your final resting place...or as close as a regular hurst could. Hell, I'll even polish the chrome & wax the Pavement Princess if you'd like.
Originally Posted by 02ranch250
thanks guys. yes i have an 02 f-250 with the 5.4 its done pretty good so far with the few loads i have put behind it the biggest one being a dodge mini van. its alot better than the 99 ranger i just got out of.
My first "car" was a '90 Ranger. Had the 2.3L "8 plug" under the hood with a 5-speed behind it. Powerhouse it might not have been...but for $20 you could fill the tank and run dang near 400 miles before you had to refill the tank. Though the more I think back, gas was still 85-90 cents a gallon when I was in high school.
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
I love the 6.0 as well, just not as much as my 7.3 I had a 6.4 too, both the 6.0 and 6.4 are wicked fast stock for stock. 7.3 s just fun to drive IMO. I'm actually shopping for a 6.9 or 7.3 IDI to experiment a little with, cheap as far as parts go, and I think I could make some fun power.
The parts might be cheap but the fuel sure ain't I'm still waiting for someone to "re-program" a 6.7L once a couple of things have fallen off the rig. I've heard from a couple of folks that the 6.4L minus all the EPA crap is a stump pulling monster.