View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
rcclracing
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 6.4 Diesel High Fuel Rail Pressure

Everything I've read about this problem is bad and costly.. I have a 2008 model F250 with the 6.4 diesel. I got this code just before my last fuel filter change about 10,000 mile back.. I also started getting the repeated Water in Fuel, Drain Seperator. I did this over and over nothing I done helped. Called the dealer and he said it would need to be taken apart and cleaned. Just before a trip I changed my fuel filters and again the engine light came on, same code High fuel rail pressure. Of course not only did I have the code but I did not tighten the bottom filter properly and the truck sucked air and shut down.. Got it to the dealer and straightend out the filter cleared the codes and started the 320 mile treck. 100 miles into everthing the code came back and of course like the other times the truck went into a lose of power mode. It seemed to die around 2200-2500 rpm's. We made it back and the truck seems okat except for the code. I checked the engine oil and it seems normal. I did notice the truck used about 3 miles per gallon more instead of 18mpg it was more like 15.. Anyones thoughts!