Thread: DIY EGR delete
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
elviking
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up EGR Delete Kit

A friend and I put in an EGR Delete Kit into my F250 on the other day. Everything went failry smooth until we got to the two bolts on the lower end of the Y-pipe. These were the only bolts that gave us problems and we had to break them to get them out but the kit contained replacement bolts anyway. Since the turbo was out we havled it and cleaned it and it runs great now. A couple of things that the kit didn't have and I feel should have had was the gaskert for the oil inlet at the top of the turbo and the o-rings for the bottom of the turbo. The o-rings may have been able to be reused but not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned, but the gasket was a must. These parts are not that expensive approximately $24.00 for both o-rings and gasket. We found that even though the instructions did not call for the removal of the anti-freeze resevrvoir it was helpful to remove it and I flushed it out since I had it out. Another lesson learned that was not mentioned in the instructions was to connect the Y-pipe back to the turbo before tightening the ends onto the manifolds. The whole process took over 10 hours but would have been less if the Y-pipe bolts wouldn't have been such a problem.

The end result is my 6.0L diesel is purring like a kitten.

Cheers!