View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
skullzmcchillz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 5.4L v8 Triton Misfire!!!

Hey all!!!!
First post but i love the site xD
I have an 2002 Ford Econoline Wagon with the v8 Triton...Now i straight up love this car and it only has 136000 miles... anyways I have an issue where the check engine light will come on and off every few days... the diagnosis being that two cylinders are reporting misfire during those stretches... the fact that it goes away and comes back randomally leads me to believe its an electrical issue..spark plugs were replaced under a year ago and the fuel injectors were just cleaned... it happens at all speeds and is rpm sensitive...meaning its worse at lower rpms/cruising... monroe has been pretty good to us with all of our cars.. and they replaced the ignition coils on the two cylinders... wouldnt charge us anything unless it worked... it didnt.. its about to go in again... any ideas... im only 18 and i try to learn as much as i can before going into any repairs... but hey... a lot of you guys have been doin this stuff for your lives... any help is greatlyyyyyyy appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Alex

P.S. this is the best car for any 18 year old... has a kick *** audio system too... no one expects an econline to have leather everything and such