View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Pathogen98
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey'all - sorry I'm late to my own party. A little about me - I own 'the V6' and 'the Ford' at a GM performance shop here in Maryland. And my apologies go out to all the neighbors here in Severn.

'The Ford' is a fantastic little project truck - 1984 F250, 2WD, Regular cab... 351W, C6. It didn't run when it showed up - A Starter, Alternator, battery, oil change, spark plugs, carb rebuild/fuel filter later - it runs - but doesn't shift automatically.

The kick-down rod was missing, found one at the junk yard. I ended up pushing the kick-down lever into the transmission case (don't ask), where it hit a drum and broke when the truck was moved the following morning. I'm waiting for the boss to come by tomorrow to take a look. Hoping I can get the rod out of there and just replace it.... then I might have a pretty fine truck to be-bop around in.

I've been visiting this site pretty much since the truck showed up - great tech stuff... seeing how my Ford knowledge is limited and my carb'd vehicle knowledge is even less - I've got lots and lots of questions... Looking forward to getting this truck running and doing 'truck stuff'.

- Jenn