View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ford Touch is built on a Microsoft platform just as most of the computers in the world are. The MS OS is and has always been full of problems no matter which you use Windows 95 on. MS-DOS was the most stable with Windows 98 coming second. I am a MAC person and have enjoyed many trouble free years on my computers. It would be great if Ford got with Apple for the software but that will not happen. So My Ford Touch is a software problem from the sub contractor. My Synch has never really worked the way it said it would so I don't use it. It is the software in our trucks that will be the biggest problem, get an upgrade and if there is just one little OOPs it effects the whole system. I have an 1982 turbo diesel Mercedes (375,000 miles) that has no electronics (computer) in it and it runs. I once had a Dodge 2500 with 250 miles on it when the fuel computer died, the tow truck took me home. Yes Ford should test these computer programs but they are not like something made of metal. When was the last time a solar flare or an incorrect keystroke stopped your hammer from working, can we say the same our electronic toys. Just some thoughts on the electronic world as we know it today. Getting back to this thread, it will be the electronics that will give us the most headaches in the newer trucks as long as you keep up with the mechanical end. As I read the computer seems to drive a lot of the operations of the Ecoboost engine as the others. As Ford increasingly uses electronics to increase mileage, performance and lessen emissions we will have problems. Chris