Old 08-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cjben
here's something weird. The truck now has spark and starts just fine. I was over in the spout connector area wiggling wires and stuff around,when I heard the sound of a small electrical spark,tested for spark at the plug,had it,and the truck fired right up!! Now I have to get a working test light and see where the timing is,which I think is the reason the truck died in the first place several months ago,I think it jumped time and died because I had to move the dizzy to get it started after I got it towed home a few months ago.

That wiggle may be a short term fix, you might want to isolate and fix what ever it is that is loose, closed, or open. It will only come back to bite you again.

Originally Posted by '89F2urd
sounds like bad connections at or around the PIP. regardless of where the distributor is, the coil will still send spark to it, as long as the electronics are in-tact. the fact that you moved the distributor, and it worked, is more of an indicator that you have loose wiring related to it than the position of the dist itself.

like i said, if you dont have spark at the coil, it has nothin to do with the dist positoin.

This is true, and would explain possibility (2) condition during your coil test.