Old 08-14-2011, 12:44 AM
cjben
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
here is the history. six months ago I was driving down the road,and the engine died after backfiring a couple times,and wouldn't restart. It was cold and wet out,so i didn't work on it while it was sitting on the road,and had it towed home. The next day I did all the normal checks:spark,fuel pressure,timing,etc. All were good. The engine would try to fire,but wouldn't quite catch. I got busy and let the truck sit for a couple weeks,didn't have time to work on it. then I went out and loosened the dizzy,turned it,and the engine fired up,but when I got the timing light out and moved the dizzy back to the stock timing setting,shut the truck off,it would not restart at that setting. I had to move the dizzy quite a bit to get the motor to run,and the timing mark on the harmonic balancer was way off the stock 10 setting. I was thinking timing chain at that point,but it was cold out and I couldn't work on it outside,so I waited a month for the weather to get better. Then I tried to start it,but no spark,and the truck has been sitting since then. so now I know why I didn't have spark,I need to figure out the timing issue.