Thread: '51 F4 project
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
Looks good!
Thanks. It will be a lot of fun... my wife says I'll be working on it for the next ten years. She's usually right.

I mentioned earlier that I don't think it came with turn signals because there's nothing on the steering column and there are no double filaments in the parking lights. I have no brake lights yet. But the dash has indicators, which light up when the dash lights are on. Is this normal for a '51?

There are loose wires and bare wires everywhere, and under the dash one end of a fuse holder. The steering wheel horn switch has been replaced by a button stuck to the side of the column. It has an electric wiper motor and switch that doesn't work, and I haven't crawled under there yet to troubleshoot (too hard for my old back to turn like that ). The ignition switch was replaced by a simple toggle switch. I have the correct original to fix this with. The wires to the headlights and parking lights are hanging disconnected under the grill. The taillight wires were just cut off. Lots of fun.