View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Jim_Philly
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best way to deal with that is to sand the hood and repaint it. or you could buy a "refurbished" hood from LKQ. They own many junk yards around the world (Even in Guatemala, a co-worker is from there) they only sell quality Body parts, and if your not satisfied with it you can send it back and get another one. If it needs to be painted a different color, you can take it to a Body Shop or what not and they will paint it for you if they want your business. If you live in Indiana I can help with most of it! I don't know which is less expensive, but one is
Yeah, that's what I've heard. No good way to really spot-repair clear coat failure I guess. And I'm actually from Philadelphia, haha, hence "Jim_Philly." I haven't looked on here specifically, but is there a good step-by-step with photos on how to sand down a panel, properly primer and paint it? Even just getting it to the primer stage myself would save me a lot of money I'd imagine, and then I could take it to get professionally finished... a friend owns a body shop about 1.5 hours from me.

I actually bought a Mazda 3 OEM in-dash Nav screen from LKQ on eBay last summer... only came in European Mazda 3's. Had intentions of putting in a "carputer"... yeah, that screen is still sitting in pieces in my closet, haha.