View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:57 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I would love to tear down this engine and go through it. Or even better, find a 390 or larger engine and build it to the hilt. Especially considering that after working on it this weekend I think I really do have a 352. But one of the goals for this project was to get it onto the road as quick as possible and as cheaply as possible. Head and intake gasket wouldn't cost me much but it is still money that I'd have to spend.

I could afford to go all out with this car but the money isn't the problem. The most precious thing I have right now is time. I just need this car to run and drive so the family and I can have some fun with it. If I blow the crap out of the engine then so be it. Then I have a great excuse to build something special to power this rig.

And I know all about the long term projects. I've been working on my Mustang II since 96 and My 65 Mustang since 93. That's another reason why I don't want to get too into this one. I wanted a quick project, with a quick pay off, for some great summer cruising. What I need is a driver