Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM
fj2u
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone for the great feedback. This is a fantastic community, resource and great group of people. I've learned a lot from all of you and appreciate those who take the time to reply to posts on this forum.

I chanced it and left Friday afternoon. It was also my first time on the freeway with the new truck, so I was a little nervous (Was she going to explode? Blow out those 2 broken head bolts I replaced? Blow a head gasket? Overheat and melt down?).

It did just fine! At some point the Engine Temp light went out and didn't return. Maybe the water burned off that was causing the short? Who knows. I did 60-65mph the whole trip and although a little loud and bouncy, she handled fine.

Last night (Sunday) I returned home and this time did 70-80mph the whole way. Amazingly, she was incredibly smooth at 70+mph. She purred like a kitten and all the shimmies and shakes seamed to dissapear over 70mph(!).

While not everyone would push their truck that hard, I really wanted to see if she could handle it and what she was capable of. Well she impressed me to say the very least. She had plenty of pedal to go to!

This truck is turning out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Love my Ford!

PS- At one point I blew past a decked out 2010 lifted crew F350 turbo diesel (I was doing about 75+ at this point and I'm guessing he was doing about 60mph). After 27+ years these are still very capable trucks! Remember, this is a $2,000 truck vs a $50,000+ truck! enough said! (no offense to the new ford, just can't say enough about the old gal)...

Last edited by fj2u; 08-08-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: ps