View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 07:13 AM
William
Logistics Pro
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
FBp, merc460! Does the 3" gap between the bed and cab really make a difference? Someone was discussing a set of leaf springs that moved the differential forward a couple of inches yet used the original rear spring shackle and front mount point? Anyone remember this? I know Eaton Detroit Spring would build these springs for us. I plan to build on a 79 frame and retain the 79 bed. I think a bed from 79-89 would work on that frame. I'll graft LWB 66 Style Side fenders to the later model bed and not have the fitment problems with the bed bolting to the frame. I am also thinking a later bed will be rust free since Ford galvanized the metal in the late 70s. I am also kicking around the idea of extending my 66 cab about 3". Actually I am planning on using a top from a big window Uni-body and adding 3" behind the doors when I put it back on. No I am not going to be hacking up all our cherished Uni's. I'd use long beds and rusted hulks for a supply of cab tops and these would be few built anyway.