View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
DIESELSITE
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, but anyone is welcome to make an offer.

However, anyone who has bought what they thought was a good deal on an OBS and rebuilt it will spend way more than that after the purchase price. For instance, 6-8k for the motor, 5k for turbo and injectors, 4k for the transmission, 1k for IDM and PCM, 1200 for the fuel system, 600 for the oil pump, etc, etc. and the front axle alone cost me 2700 by the time I rebuilt it. Heck, if you had an OBS that you wanted to rebuild, this would be a steal to buy and scrap for the parts for yours. I know, as I don't pay retail and I built many of the parts and still put 20+ in it. I have thought about selling it in pieces for that reason, but thought I'd try this first to see if someone wanted it as is.

It is high for a normal 96. I'm looking for the owner who appreciates what we put into this one, and the fact that Ford never built this truck in this configuration. Considering I built it for myself, and the sources and parts and knowledge I have, I know its a pretty special truck. Hopefully it finds a good home.

My son bought a 97 F350 for 7K. He put 20k into it to make it what he drives every day now.

Bob