View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 PM
dpoc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got a chance to work on the brakes again and here is the latest. I took of the master cylinder and bench bleed that. Re-installed it and tried bleeding the wheel cylinder again and nothing. I took the line off coming into the ABS valve to verify that there was fluid getting to the valve and there was. So I took the line off of the output side of the ABS valve and there is nothing coming out. When we pumped the brakes you could hear some air and a little fluid was squirting out but that was it. Something else I should add. When I took the brake drums off they looked like the shoes have not been wearing on them in a while and the shoes were starting to wear but not to the point of being completely gone. Could the ABS valve just be bad and has been for a while? I bleed the front brakes and took the vehicle for a short drive and the brakes feel like they are working fine. The ABS light and the brake light are not on. So I am still really confused?? So I am not sure if it would be wise to just replace the valve or if it still air in the valve that is causing the problem?