Thread: Road trip!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
^^^^ x2 on the beauty of the lakes on Rt 3. Very close to my childhood stomping grounds.

If you want some serious climbing and rafting go further North in Maine to Baxter State Park and climb Mt. Katadin. It's breath taking but we're all pretty partial to our states. Again, be safe and enjoy.
I'll have to hit that up another time, I had to cut maine short, trying to make it to burlington VT by the weekend, got a buddy who lives up there and hes only got a few free days!

Originally Posted by Grubbworm
Here's a link for when you get this way;
Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
Enjoy.
Thanks a ton! I love biking, was kinda dissapointed today because Acadia, doesnt allow any off-road biking, so the only thing you could do was the paved loop, or carriage roads!

Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
That's where the girl I told you about asked me to snap a pic of her. Don't miss Thunder Hole, hopefully the sea is active.
Justin, seas were calm today, did find a sweet cliff to jump next time I am up there though. It's by sand beach! I woulda jumped today but didn't have any goggles to go down and depth check, although it did look deep enough, always gotta make sure first though!

Originally Posted by MHammer21
Subscribed... Should be a sweet trip!

Def check out Mammoth Mountain in Cali for some amazing Mountain Biking. Big Bear is also very good this time of year. If you have never been to any So Cal beaches, be sure to swing by Bolsa Chica for mild surfing and head south down PCH towards San Diego for some larger stuff. Sweet ride, hot women and great locations. I think there are even spots you can camp overnight on the beach. Good luck man and don't forget to relax a little.
I have heard of those mountains before and or sure I am going to check them out! Got a few friends in san diego as well, im not great with surfing, thanks for the tip on Bolsa! I really wanna get the bus out on the beach for a night, that would be killer!

Originally Posted by wezol5484
Looks like you'll be coming right through Stephenville, TX! (Right south west of FW).

Send me a PM if you can....FTE has a mobile version, so no excuses for not updating us...we're like needy wives when it comes to this stuff, but are MUCH more awesome.

I'll treat ya to Heart Eight BBQ, best around.

If you end up heading further south in TX, you should look at taking Hwy 281, runs from San Antonio, through Marble Falls (which is awesome too), to Stephenville and up through Mineral Wells. The whole drive is hill country and small towns.

EDIT: I see you're ARE updating...should continued reading. My apologies.

Looks like an beautiful trip, any plans on how long you're gonna be out? Or is it just "is what it is" kinda thing?

We are vicariously living our lives through your right now...every last one of us would love to do this!

Took a road trip from Texas, stopped in KY to visit family and hiked around the Cumberland Mts, gorgeous. Then swung south to North Carolina for more family, and then headed home through the southern states. That was pretty cool, but nothing compared to this....haha.

That little van is gonna take a beating, but it'll get ya through!

Do you plan on going through Big Bend? If not, give it some thought.
Hey, thanks for the tips and the offer, I was wondering what I am going to do in texas, Think I just found the answer!

Originally Posted by first today
This is the tubing link. Tiki Tubing

There is also a bass pro shop and great food along the way. Let me know and I may go tubing also.
Thanks Kyle, I wil contact you when I get down there!

Heres a Link to todays pictures:
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...tional%20Park/