View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 05:47 PM
BBKtech2
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
But how do you really feel?!
With over 20 years in the street rod/classic truck building world, I was Bobco's fabricator/assembler for 16 years, I have seen good and bad shops come and go. He somehow has stayed. It's the parts that keep him surviving. I do have strong opinions about shops or people I feel contribute a negative shadow to this small select industry. If you are a crook and enept or hire and use enept people and cover for their very poor work, then I will be the first to stand up and say something. Bob is one of those. I have had customers in the past come in and once they see a real shop full of F100's, couldn't pull their trucks out of his place fast enough. Several got taken for the deposits they had left just days before. Pile on top of that the trucks that came thru that I redid from his shop and you could see why I don't like him. I don't like shops that screw the little guys just trying to build a bitchen hot rod with the few dollars they have to spend. One a**h*** can ruin several new enthusiasts dreams or desires. That makes me real mad.