View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Mannix
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No code since; the EGR system _appears_ to be functioning correctly.

Does it go open loop AT WOT, or somewhere above x% throttle? I always thought it was _at_ WOT.

Could the junk inside the distributor start getting weird with heat/load/light throttle?

I just KNOW it is something stupid and I'm missing it. I had a similarish problem on an Audi many years ago - it ran like crap. Replaced everything - fuel delivery stuff, ignition stuff, everything. Found that it was blowing the FI fuse. Replaced fuse several times, eventually realized that it'd blow the fuse at ~4500rpm.

At the end of my rope one day, I was lying under the hood, revved the motor to 4200....4300...4500, pop, fuse died, goes into "FULL RICH" mode, hmmm. Replaced fuse, did it again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement.

The spade terminal that is swedged onto the full throttle switch was loose. At 4200rpm, it'd start to vibrate and rotate. By 4500, it'd rotate over & short out on the bracket, popping the fuse.

Punch and hammer, one tap, one more fuse, that car was rock-solid until I sold it.

It drove me almost this nuts trying to _find_ it, though.....

Iain