View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Edward Poe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gecko5
In all my years of owning all various types of vehicles, i have never seen anything like this...

We bought the Escape June 2009 new. Spring 2010, i happened to notice slight "Bubbling" along the lower most part of the inside of the tailgate along the inside seam. It was quite minor and in all fairness never had the time to take it in for a check (We are about 50Miles from dealership).

Fast forward to winter 2010 (Ontario, Canada)... This week, we had some really nice weather so i decided to give the Escape it's first "Personal" wash to get all the nooks and cranny's cleaned out (I have the escape min. once/week during the winter to try and keep is salt/calcium free). I also had the vehicle undercoated this year as well to further keep it from rusting.

Well, the tailgate is exponentially worse and i also now see that both back doors are also showing the same signs along the inside seams of the doors...

Has anyone else experienced this?
Would you consider this a defect?

As all my other vehicles have never shown such aggressive signs of rust, i have never had to call out a dealership on the rust warranty. Before i approach them, i want to get all my notes in order.

I am blown away at how poor the rust protection on this truck is. Also of note is that i see that the black trim that runs vertically between the front and back doors, it too is starting to pit in a few areas....
'

Cheers,
New models come with oil based coat hence prevent the rusting. have you given an oil based coat?