View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM
MPlayer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burnt Capacitor in FICM

Well, I pulled the FICM out and opened it up. I found a bunt capacitor. Or should I say the burnt spot where the capacitor was. So now I am trying to figure out what size it was. It isn't the round ones it was one of the small tan flat surface mount capacitors connected to the rings where the screws are. I have the seven screw ficm. Does anyone know what size these are? I'll try to post a picture of it if I can. If you are looking at the cicuit board with the v shaped notch on the bottom it was the capacitor connected to the furthest right ring or screw on the top row. The capacitor was next to the ring on the right of the row of three. I will be ordering a new ficm but I want to see if I can repair this one and make it work. The truck was running like it was missing so Im guessing all the injectors weren't working. it would idle ok and didn't throw any codes but would run like it was missing on a couple cylinders at highway speed. If anyone knows the size of these capacitors that would be a great help for me and anyone else who comes across this problem. I searched all over and couldn't find out any info as to what size they are.Thank