View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101
I ran a test where I locked the VGTDC at 65% and ran the motor up under load. I was able to produce 35 lbs of boost right away. This, and the fact that I have checked the exhaust for leaks over and over again, leads me to think that the problem is not air leaks or any other mechanical problem but is a control system problem. That having been said, I don't understand what has triggered the problem, as the pickup runs the same with the EGR Flow PID as it does when the codes are cleared.
That sounds like a great way to blow a head gasket or float an exhaust valve due to excessive back pressure and cause piston contact.

Cheesit, I have only had 20-22 psi boost ever since I installed my Banks Intercooler, stock programming. I figured it was because it flowed more air at lower pressure, however I noticed this weekend after pulling the cab that I do have a slight leak in the driver's side up-pipe flex joint. I'm wondering how much is too much. There is just a light amount of soot visible on the back of the block.