View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Justjimmy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krazymatt
Hello all, I am looking at getting me an Eco-Boost. Before I pull the trigger, what can be said when comparing it to the 5.0? I'm assuming the 5.0 is a gas hog and doesn't have as much torque as the Eco Boost. I just want to get a little feel for what both engines have to offer so I make the right choice. I saw the whole Ford Torture Ecoboost test and was sold, but I'd like to hear from you all. Thanks....

BTW, I used to have a 06 F150 Lariat and loved it. Is there any surprises with the newer F150's like the old stuck spark plugs in the 5.4's?
5.0 Gas hog - not at all. Gas mileage is VERY comparable to the Eco and BOTH have data that shows Eco is better and others show 5.0 is better. It really depends on what side of the fence your on. I've always said, you can justify anything if you really want it.

Eco - more torque - yes.

Suggest surfing the posts - there's LOTS of information here

If you research these posts and truly keep an opened mind...you'll make the right decision. If you already made up your mind on an Eco or 5.0, don't waste your time looking. There's pros and cons to both.

You want to mod the performance and like the V8 rumble, absolutely go with the 5.0.

You DON'T want to make engine mods at all, positively go with the Eco.

Ultimately, go with your heart (or go fishing).