View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kabur66
Wow. Thanks. I did not know that. As to shuddering . . . . My F350 shudders during start up, i.e. from 0 to about 10 mph. I notice it most when I am pulling the 5th wheel. I never thought about it much.

Now, however, I have shddering at all speeds when pulling a 14,000 # 5th wheel. It is a problem, but the fore and aft jerking of my trailer may not be with the truck. Something to think about.

ken
You can also start off in 2 or 3 by placing the tranny in D and the indicator will show 1, then push the + once and the indicator will go to 2, effectively locking out 1. You can then start off in 2. Or push the + twice and the indicator will show 3 and then you can start off in 3. Not something I would recommend while pulling a trailer, but FYI.

Regarding the shudder upon takeoff when pulling trailer, it is a general consensus that it is a result of improper driveline angle once the springs are loaded and compressed. The geometry of the rear diff to the driveline to the transfer case all changes, thus causing the shudder. Several options exist to disguise, hide, mask, or fix the issue. Check with your dealer.