Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
Had he been though something traumatic recently?
He's had some tragic moments in his life, his son was killed in an auto accident several years ago and his grandaughter was killed on a go cart he bought her many years ago. He was in his late 60s and of course his health wasn't what it once was. Depression has been pretty bad the last few years and he had threatened this many times, but we never thought he would go through with it. I guess we just never know what is going through a person's mind and have to wonder if there was anything we could have done to prevent such tragedy.
The boys I work for are really torn up about it, they have known him their whole lives. He was like a father figure around here, helped anyone who needed it and I guess that's what makes it so bad, we didn't help him when he needed us most.
I saw a lot of blood and gore when I worked for a towing company, but it really hits home when it's someone you know well that is laying there. I don't think I'll ever get that image out of my mind, I see it every time I try to close my eyes.