View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tbrooks1060
Hi,

Unfortunately, I was in mass component change out mode vs. structured troubleshooting practice. However, I believe the plug and coil pack was bad which was the major fix. When I put things back together, I crossed up a couple of vacum lines that led me to replace many components within the EGR System. Thanks.
Ahh I see. Yea my truck is being totally awesome and not throwing any CEL's at all, which makes me wonder about where my problem is. It runs a little rougher than i'd like, but not all the time. It runs great when it's cold, but as it warms up, it just gets worse and worse to the point of shutting down at stop lights. It's almost as if the torque converter lockup system has a problem, but I'm torn between that and something with the engine because of the idle fluctuation. The plugs are original and at about 50,000 miles now. When I pulled them, the gap was outrageously high, but the plug condition was normal and there were no signs of running lean or rich. Doesn't necessarily mean they're good though. For now I re-gapped them and then put them back in until I can find some Motorcraft wires that don't cost an arm. Hopefully a plug and wire change will do me some good.

Thanks for the insight into your problem! It's good to know I'm not the only one having this issue. It's definitely personal for me too.