View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
tbrooks1060
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Idle, Hesitation, Stall 2001 F150

Hi..... first off, I'm not a mechanic and don't profess to be. However, I'm a somewhat handy DIY guy. Having said that, this truck is driving me insane and it's now personal so I thought I would reach out to this forum. I've have read many posts concerning my symptoms, but have yet to resolve my issues. So now the story.....

I've been experiencing hesitiation when first pressing the gas, stall at idle, RPM fluxutating between 1000 and 500 at idle and loss of acceleration. Had the truck read at autopart store and received a P0402 error and misfire is cylinder 8. At this point, I've changed the the plug, COP, EGR valve, EGR Valve Solenoid and DPFE sensor and still have the exact same symptons. I've also changed the plug for cylinders 5,6 & 7 as well. The check engine light is on, went off briefly after changing DPFE sensor, but back within a day.

Given the fact the error code is P0402 and some of the threads I've read, I thought the issue was centered around the EGR system, but I've replaced many of the components.

I know it's a longshot, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or may have a suggestion where to look next. Thanks.

V8
4.6 Liter (I Think)