Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Wyowanderer
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Galendor
Thanks. I think I saw that shroud number when I was under the truck looking for the weep hole. I'll look again and try to get it.

The pulley itself rocks, no way that can be attributed to the clutch bearings.

I agree that the pump may have a while to go before it dies, since I have no leakage and strong water pressure. Thanks for the insight into how long it might still last. My engine has 95,000 original miles on it, 94,000 put on by the PO. For all I know it is the original pump.

A general question for you all: if RockAuto lists a part as being specific for your make and model of truck, is it safe to assume they are correct? My reason for asking is they currently list as available a Motorcraft pump and fan clutch that their website says is correct for my year, make, and model. I would buy them now but seek general assurance or advice on how much one should trust a website (like RockAuto's) when they say their part is the correct one for your truck.
I'll bet it'll work perfect. The only real issue with the box store pump is that some of the trucks (maybe cars, I've seen the 240 in a car) use a smaller hose that attaches to the pump, so most of the aftermarket/rebuilds have a rubber "shim" to make the heater hose outlet the right size. It'll work fine today, but next time you change or remove the hose-where do you get the shim?
If you can get the Motorcraft pump at RockAuto, I'd order it. Like every online store, you can find negative stories, but they seem to be doing something right. And they have a Motorcraft pump- it's a win.