View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
New Laws Starting on July 1 and Beyond

* Organ Donation (SB 1395/Alquist) Starting July 1, the language on the DMV's application offers the driver license applicant the option to register as a prospective organ donor in the organ donor program or to defer that decision to a later time. This change will now include in the organ donor registration field of the application check boxes indicating (A) Yes, add my name to the donor registry or (B) I do not wish to register at this time, thus ensuring that the applicant’s failure to check the box is not simply an oversight.

* Local Traffic Ordinances (SB 949/Oropeza) On July 1, in an effort of ensuring that traffic convictions are recorded by the Department of Motor Vehicles, local authorities may not enact or enforce a local ordinance on any matter covered by the California Vehicle Code.

* Driving Under the Influence (AB 1601/Hill) Effective in January 1, 2012, this bill authorizes a court to order a 10-year revocation of the driver license of a person convicted of a third or subsequent DUI violation, with possible reinstatement after five years if specified conditions are met

Can someone explain the 2nd one to me?