View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM
SickPup404
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I can't speak for the Excursion (never been in one), but here's what we have:

2007 Expedition EL Limited 4x4
3rd row power fold seat
Roll stability control
P275/55R20 - was almost $1400 for a new set of Michelins last fall
Second row captains chairs
Backup sensor - integrated with the bumper facia, no little circles or dots
Trailer tow package
AM/FM/Sirius/CD/Nav
Load leveling suspension
Rear seat DVD
Power liftgate

My thoughts:
The back cargo area has a divider that can be an elevated shelf - good for groceries or small packages. It can fold flat into the floor.
Two small storage compartments under the back floor, one for jack, another is good for receiver hitches, tow straps, jumper cables, windshield scrapers, etc.
With the tow package, ours came with both 4- and 7-pin trailer connections, as well as the pig tails for a brake controller.
Cargo area is 48" wide.
There is easily 24" between the top most part of the third row seat (closest to the back) and the back gate with the sea up.
There is about 34" of vertical clearance - more once inside the rear door.
Once you fold the third row down, there's about 60" of cargo space (instead of 24").
Once you fold the second row (it goes flat to the floor), there's about 96". You can easily fit 4'x8' sheets of anything in there.
The motor generally doesn't "pin you back" to the seat, even under hard acceleration. Others have said the tranny "learns" your driving style and to pull the battery connections for about 30 minutes to reset it and it would improve - haven't tried it.
With RSC, on/off ramps can be held fine - not the outrageous body roll you see in other large SUVs.
It has a 33.5 gallon tank. Where we live, gas pumps cut off at $75 and you have to swipe again. If you let it get down to "E", you're gonna swipe twice.
Occasionally, gas pumps don't cut off correctly and you get splash back from the filler when pumping. Just keep it pushed in well and any splashes are usually contained. We've had ours for about 12-18 months and it's happened to me about 5 times.
2008 was the first year with Sync available as far as I know.
Our captains seats are nice, but I'm thinking of getting the 40/20/40 bench for an upcoming road trip with 4 adults, 2 teens, and a toddler car seat.
Apparently, 2007/2008 (at least) shared seats.
Also, 2007/2008 Navigators have a rear DVD storage console. Looking for one of them to put in when I have the captiains chairs in.
When the wife and I went to Carmax, we were looking at the Expy and Tahoe side by side, and there was no comparison for us - the Expy looked "classier" like we could go out to dinner dressed up in it.

I can email pics if you like, just PM me.

If you can get the VIN, pop it in the end of this web address and it will pull the window sticker so you can see exactly what is has from the factory:
Untitled Page

Please let me know if yuo have any questions!
Sick