Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
River19
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Brake Caliper Sticking.....and smoking

So a couple weeks ago my wife and I had the rig out for the 225 mile trip to our cabin and leaving with the rest of the weekend yahoos we got stuck in some pretty good stop and go traffic on the highway, I smelled some burnt pads after a few more aggressive stops and I assumed at first that a big rigs's trailer brakes were smoking.

Then a week later I was driving the same route when I noticed the same smell and the truck was pulling hard to the right.......I figured I had a sticky caliper.

Then today, short around town ride on a hot day and bang, pulling like a ticked off bride at a wedding dress sale.....get out at work, do the smell check on the front right and had some visible smoke coming out........so I tossed a bottle's full of water on the rotor and caliper and enjoyed the show.....

So, anyone else have this issue? Can I assume this is a "lube the caliper and replace the pads" type situation?

Man I hate the smell of stuff burning.......well at least the smell of stuff I own burning.....

Thanks

Steve