View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 PM
robjs111
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1979 Ford F250 CREW CAB

Up for sale I have a 2wd 1979 Ford F250 Custom crew cab short bed with 460 and c6 transmission. Truck has salvage title from Arizona. I am the third (3rd) owner of this vehicle. Original owner was a priest from Flagstaff who purchased truck for his church and to trailer his fishing boat around. Back in 1980 the Priest apparently drove the F250 too far into a lake while launching his boat and the engine inhaled fresh lake water. Truck was issued a salvage title and Ford rebuilt the 460. The truck has always been in Arizona therefore there is zero rust on this vehicle. Truck runs and drives great. F250 has full float dana 60 rear with 1 ton running gear up front. Would not hesitate to drive anywhere. Below are some particulars regarding this vehicle:

*THE ISSUES:
  • Engine needs new oil sending unit which is leaking.
  • A/C works but switch that controls fan speed is damaged, stays on low setting.
  • Crack in windshield driver’s side corner.
  • Doors need new strike posts.
  • Damage to rear passenger side fender and tail light. Truck was hit by vehicle one night while parked out on street. Minor damage; cheap to fix.
  • Dash pad has several cracks.
*THE GOOD:
  • Brand new c6 transmission.
  • Brand new tires and rims are 2nd hand but in mint condition
  • Brand new radiator
  • New cap, rotor, wires, plugs.
  • New Holley carburetor 600 cfm
  • Brand new exhaust from cats back.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. Asking price is $10k. She is a great truck and would not be selling but I have no room for it when I move to new place. Already have two other vehicles and will not have room for a third. This truck really looks and works great.

Have 90 pics on photobucket with a video as well.

Truck is located in Phoenix AZ.

Thanks.

Rob
robjs111@yahoo.com

Additional pics and video here:

1979_crew_cab_f250 pictures by robjs111 - Photobucket