View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 PM
mountaingates
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ford 6.0 wont start

Hello everyone, new to this forum and have seen some useful info. Anyways I have a 2006 ford with the 6.0 diesel and recently lost a #8 injector. I went ahead and replaced headgaskets and went with arp studs and replaced injectors. After I was finished it was hard starting but it fired up. I pulled it outside and let it come up to temp which was 192 degrees. After that I ran it about 2000 rpm to see what it would do and it quit. It started again and then did the same thing and now it wouldn't start. It would fire a little in the morning but wouldn't start. Tore it back apart and replaced crank and cam sensor along with hpop kit replacing the stc fitting and screen on ipr. Replaced injector o-rings and copper washers and cleaned injectors. Still no start and I bled fuel lines from back of heads. I have also checked FICM with volt meter and it reads about 48.9 before cranking and ing cranking it reads about 48.4 vdc. I have also took out icp sensor and there was alot of pressure behind it nd oil came out of the hole so thats a good sign oil is in the rail and has pressure right? I have also unplugged it and nothing. Changed all filters on this truck and seems fuel is getting to top bowl and to back of heads. Any suggestions would be very helpful because next step I have a guy coming with an expensive computer to check it out. I am trying to get away with doing all of it myself....would I be better off buying that auto enginuity program? need some help