View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do what you want while you can!

Well, I may only be 24, but took advice from elder people I have talked with about doing what you want while you still can in life before you get slammed with responsibilities, obligations, etc etc.

I finished technical college shortly after I turned 19, worked for awhile, then quit, took a nice 6 week trip to hawaii, came back, worked for a bit more, went back to hawaii for another month, came back, worked for a bit more, then was able to move to hawaii, live and work for just about a year. So check that off my list, got to work and live in a place that I always wanted to be. Currently I am back on the mainland, here in CT. Starting in the middle of july, I'll be taking a huge road trip!

Im planning on going up maine,new hampshire, vermont, upstate ny, parts of pa, northern michigan, the dakotas, montana, up into canada for some of the best mountain biking in the world,then im gonna go down the eastern side of the rockies, and when I hit the bottom, go back up the western side of the rockies, back into canada, then down the pacific coast, nevada, new mexico, ariona, texas, then go east to the appalachians, then up the appalachians and eventually get back into ct.

The plan is to cliff jump, mountain bike, surf, hike, see and do everything I can think of & want to do inbetween, all over the country. Just picked of a VW vanagon westfalia to do the trip in earlier this week! (some pics below). After this is over I'll figure out what to do next. Question to you guys is how old are you, what "stage" in life are you at, and what do you want to do or accomplish before you have to "buckle down"?

Keyul