Thread: Rear shocks....
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
More work than most are willing to do, and it's mainly for a hard core off road truck, but hey - it's what I do.

I like bilstein for general replacement type shocks.
I'd be interested in what Bilstein PNs you have used to start with and at what lift height.

Originally Posted by nothercrash
Well the second shock quickly followed suit today. Must have been all it could take to have to dampen the back end by itself. And geez with no shocks back there at all you really know you have springs..... I was bouncing like a pogo stick on ever little ripple in the road haha. It's actually sort of fun, but within just one day of driving, I noticed a big difference in maintaining traction on corners with ANY bumps. The wheel would just bounce into the air over and over.

Guess I'm making 2 perches.....
Double holy smoke Kimosabe!!! Not just hardcore... that's NUCLEAR RUST. Now you get what I meant by "Boing!" in my previous post.

Suggestion: Why not fab up a crossmember with integral shock mounts. It might be simpler... some mounting plates, a gusset there, a gusset there,.. just thinking.

Steel Toy: thanks for sharing that tech section. I see your points too.. depends on the application/use/typical conditions.